Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I’m No Jealousy Tool


I don’t consider myself a player; more like a benchwarmer who only gets on the field when the spread hits 50 points. In any case though, players hate getting played, but at the same time, they love the challenge.

One of my friends invited me out. She was really persistent that I go out and even called a few times to make sure I wouldn’t flake. I thought that it was a little odd, but I just assumed she wanted me out because I’m such an awesomely fun person (and because I’m humble).

Rewind a little: a few weeks ago, she told me about a new guy she was sort of dating. We hashed out a plan and I left her to her devices.

I find out that “this dude” is going to be out with us tonight. Suddenly, I think of all the other times I called girls out to make my current “focus girl” jealous. So they way it works is that if I was into a girl and she was on the fence about me, I’d call her to hang out AND then I’d call another girl to hang out too. As stupid as it sounds and as ineffective as a thought it would be, calling other girls out is a surprisingly effective tactic to get a girl to like you.

Jealousy is the most powerful of all emotions.

I’ve lost count on how many times a girl told me “I wasn’t really into you until I saw you with that other girl.” Chick logic for you.

I’m no catalyst. I’m not the third-wheel jealousy maker; I’m the chemical reaction that goes BOOM!!

Time to call in my girls.

This is my most absurd post yet.

No comments: