Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ice Cream

Imagine life without ice cream. Yeah, that would suck. Now imagine if someone gave you a nice bowl of Haagen-Dazs and said, “this is ice cream.”

You’d certainly walk around and say “ice cream is the greatest food evAr!!”

Now imagine your friend has also never eaten ice cream before, but instead of Haagen-Dazs, his first ice cream is Good Humor.

He’d also naturally scream “ice cream is the greatest food evAr!!”

Now imagine you’ve been eating Haagen-Dazs ice cream for 3 years and someone comes along and says “you if want ice cream, you can only eat Good Humor and not Haagen-Dazs.”

That’s pretty much what happened to me. Well, not with ice cream, but with my DVR. I went from TiVo to the Oceanic DVR.

TiVo = Haagen-Dazs. Oceanic’s DVR = Good Humor. I can’t stand the Oceanic DVR, I just can’t. Maybe if I hadn’t grown up with TiVo I wouldn’t be so agitated, but I did.

The only reason I’m using the Oceanic DVR is because TiVo is not compatible with HDTV in Hawaii. Short story: when TiVo gets its SDV dongle on the market, I’m jumping ship.

Please TiVo, get the SDV thingy ma giggy out! You said second quarter 2008, WHERE IS IT???

No comments: