Monday, November 24, 2008

Television Is Crack for My Eyes

These are my top 17 shows. I was tempted to put the Pickup Artist on this list, but I can’t stand that show anymore so it got axed.

1. Entourage – A great season 5. This is one of those shows where you’re either watching it or you’re sick of people telling you to watch it.

2. Friday Night Lights – Season 1 was awesome, season 2 sucked, and season 3 is approaching Season 1 caliber. If you’re not one of the fifteen people in America who subscribes to DirecTV, just wait until NBC starts showing this in early 2009.

3. Weeds – another premium cable show. Mary Louise Parker is a hottie.

4. Gossip Girl – I’m totally embarrassed that I watch this, but damn this show is addicting. It reminds me of Swan’s Crossing meets something a lot less soap opera-ey.

5. Lost – I think I’m the only person in Hawaii left watching this show, oh well.

6. Battlestar Galactica – some people call this the best tv series ever. After the first part of season 4, I don’t think so. Let’s hope the second half of season 4, aka “the final season,” gets better.

7. The Boondocks – any show that has cartoon kids saying “nigga” and dancing to a rapper named Gangastalicious has got to be awesome.

8. Californication – nothing really happens in this show, except lots of people getting laid.

9. The Unit – I bet people in the army hate this show, but an entire show devoted to the elite secretive Delta Force unit of the army is like watching a video game with a plot.

10. How I Met Your Mother – Legen . . . dary

11. Burn Notice – This is one of those summer shows that could compete in the fall.

12. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – I like robots that cause destruction.

13. True Blood – vampires and other cool stuff.

14. Star Wars Clone Wars – the only thing remotely close to a weekly dose of Star Wars.

15. Skins – most people have never heard of this BBC America show. It’s the story of a bunch of high school kids in England and their drug induced parties.

16. Prison Break – Honestly, I just watch this show because I’ve seen the past how many other seasons.

17. Heroes – the most overrated show on tv. Watching this feels like I’m doing a chore of clearing out my DVR. Why do I watch this? Who knows!

18. 90210 – I’m massively embarrassed I actually watch this, but Jessica Stroup has a “not-so-dirty-Megan-Fox” thing about her.

I’ve also declared DVR Bankruptcy on Fringe and Mad Men. I hope to watch those later.

No comments: