Monday, November 19, 2007

Men Logic, Women Emotion


The Way Of The Superior Man by David Deida is quite possibly the greatest book ever written. Men deal in logic, women deal in emotion. If you want a girl to do something, convince her with emotion. No amount of logic will get you into her pants.

So I had a fight with my girlfriend a while ago. I pretty much fucked up her birthday and she was pissed. I thought we were going to break up. I did the usual: “Why are you mad? Tell me, what did I do? What can I do to make it up?” Nothing.

After half an hour of talking, and half an hour of David Deida in my mind saying “logic doesn’t work with women”, and half an hour of me not listening to his brilliance, and half an hour of her still being pissed at me, I finally gave in and thought “alright David, I’ll try it your way.”

Me: How’s the Saturday part of your birthday?
Her: Perfect.
Me: Really?
Her: Yeah.
Me: You are only allowed to think of the positive. Think of the Saturday, not Sunday (the day I messed up). What made Saturday so perfect?

And, in an instant, her mood changed from sad to happy. Men, women, who knows; one of us is definitely from another planet.

I later asked her what happened to make her feel better and she stood there with a blank face saying "I have no idea."

No comments: