Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No Excuses

Excuses are just your body and mind exhibiting weakness. Conquer excuses and you’ll conquer your weaknesses.

For lent, I gave up excuses. I know that’s not something one traditionally gives up for lent, but hey, I haven’t been to church in 10 years.

I promised I’d never tell my friends or myself “I can’t go out cause I’m tired”, “I can’t finished this cause I don’t feel like it”, “I’m too busy”, or “I have to work tomorrow.”

This was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I did things I never thought I could. Worse (or perhaps best) of all, because my friends knew I couldn’t say no, they called my ass out nearly every night. A few weeks and a handful of friends knowing you’re always 100% game equals a serious social lifestyle.

I also got more accomplished during those 40 days than the six previous months. Whenever I knew I had to do something like wash my car, rake the law, paint the bathroom, and do work, I knew no excuse would work, so I just did it without hesitation.

I highly recommend giving up excuses for lent . . . or forever.

No comments: