Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Retail Value: $49.95

I went to a dinner last night. Some really rich guy spoke and gave everyone a signed copy of his book. I’d seen this guy before so I ended up taking home a second copy of . . . well, I’m not going to name it.

Later that night, I decided to turn my second copy into a book safe, you know, one of those “cut out the middle pages to make a secret hiding place” book safes. So I did it. Two hours later I had myself my very own hidden book compartment.

At first, I was really proud I still had all my fingers (me + razors = usage of Johnson & Johnson products).

And then, I was more proud that I destroyed a perfectly good 2007 book, retail value: $49.95. Current value: priceless.

Then, today, my mom e-mailed me and told me not to make a book safe out of it--I think she may have overheard talking to my sister--because she plans to give the high value book away. Um ok.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do. Maybe I’ll give my mom my first copy.

Does anyone read this?

No comments: