Friday, December 14, 2007

The Fashion Post - Part 1

I’d like to give my endorsement of www.buckle.com. The clothes are awesome, slightly peacocked, but not so much that no sane person would ever wear them. The prices are also reasonable along with shipping. I’ve been trying to get into their affiliate program so when you guys click this link and buy lots of stuff, I’ll get newspaper money from it, but alas. For now buckle.com gets a free endorsement from your’s truly.

Now for the style demerits: Please, promise me as the reader of my blog, you will never wear a button-down dress shirt with a tie. Like this:

First of all, a button-down shirt is one where the collar buttons down, not a shirt with buttons or a polo or anything like that. Second the button-down was invented by Brooks Brother over 100 years ago when they saw polo players pinning their collars down. Accordingly, button down shirts are sport shirts, or at the very least casual shirts.

Therefore, wearing a tie with a button down is like saying you don’t understand fashion history or worse, announcing to the world you’re ignorant.

Just don’t do it.

And now on a more positive note, I’d also like to give my endorsement to English Laundry (www.englishlaundry.com), another great clothing brand that’s a little more peacocked that the buckle.com clothes, but none the less awesome.

No comments: