Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Book List

These are some of the books I’ve read in the past two years. At first I was embarrassed that this list is so short and then I realized that not all my I’ve read books are here. These are just the books I thought were good enough to recommend to other people. I’ve read some serious crap in the past few years and I’m going to save everyone trouble by just not listing those books.

Anyway, these are 12 books I recommend, presented in the order that I read them:

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell

The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century by Thomas L. Friedman

The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene

Broken Trust: Greed, Mismanagement, And Political Manipulation at America's Largest Charitable Trust by Samuel P. King and Randall W. Roth

Fight Club: A Novel by Chuck Palahniuk

The Way Of The Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Woman, Work, and Sexual Desire by David Deida

Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss

All the Rules: Time-tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan

No comments: