Thursday, March 6, 2008

E-Mail Coaching

I find myself coaching (I actually call it “helping”) more and more people--not because I think I have any sort of skill, but more because people seem to gravitate to me. I honestly have no idea how this happens. It's certainly not because I don’t charge a dime; these people probably don’t even know that they could pay for better advice. In any case, my advice is probably worth what they've paid for.

So one guy I’m helping feels that his girl is moving away from him. He feels she’s losing interest. They also have long gaps of silence when they’re on the phone. Because I’m a lazy ass, I’m just going to plagiarize myself for this blog entry:

I’m getting the feeling you’re calling her too much. She’s probably feeling smothered. Give her space. Let her miss you. Tell her you’re going to be super busy with something for a week and then just have zero contact with her.

The bottom line is don’t be afraid to lose her: abundance mentality. There are plenty of girls out there. People are attracted to those who have options. Girls who don’t have options act needy, and needy is not attractive. Abundance mentality.


If you call her everyday, she’s going to get used to your calls. Don’t let her get to that point. Let her call you. Going a day without talking to her might be hard, but its something you need to do.

Keep your telephone conversations less than ten minutes. That way you’ll end on a high note instead of ending the call because you have nothing else left to say.

Always start off the call with something really cool you did today. If you didn’t do something cool, go out and do something. Think of something you did and make it cool. Always have something interesting to say.

Never start off with “what did you do?” By asking her first, you’re taking value, instead you want to give value—by showing that you’re a busy person who does lots of exciting things.

Tell her stories about when you were little. I have this funny story about how when I was little, I was scared that if I flushed and the toilet water all went down when I was still in the bathroom, I’d get sucked in. Silly huh? So I’d always wash my hands, flush, and then run out. To this day, I’m still a little scared to be in the bathroom when the toilet flushes.

Good luck

No comments: