Sunday, January 6, 2008

Three Nights of Eating Out - Imma Gettin' Fattt

Another week; another weekend.

Friday: PF Chang's. I’ve heard mixed reports on PF Chang’s food. Sufficient to say it IS Americanized Chinese food. Not saying that it isn’t extremely enjoyable, but if you’re used to traditional Chinese food, stay away. Personally, in terms of Americanized Chinese food, I think Little Village in Chinatown is the best in Honolulu.

Saturday: Tokkuri-Tei. Another excellent restaurant with izakaya-style food (many dishes of small plates). After that, we went to the W and saw some pickup guys running a clinic. Click here for more details.

Sunday: Uncle Bo’s. I'm too stuffed to write about it. Let’s just say that I recommend this place and you’d better make reservations.

One more totally random thing. My sister recently got a new-to-her car and I just about spent my entire Sunday helping her clean, waxing, and making it look pretty. I cannot emphasize the importance of using Meguiar's Clay Kit. If you’ve ever washed your car, waxed it, and then found the surface to be far from perfectly smooth, you need clay bar. Clay bar is used between washing and waxing. It removes the small nearly microscopic bumps on a car’s paint. It also removes the tiny rust spots which can grow to major rust spots. Put simply, using the clay bar can literally make your paint feel brand new.

No comments: