Friday, January 25, 2008

Secret Blogs and Comments

Wooo hooo, I got my first comment yesterday--one other person reads this besides me! Shocking.

I got the comment from the one and only Kim Fassler. Yeah, the girl who’s blog I commented on a few days ago. I never thought in a million years she’d find it, much less the next day--she must have an army of googling monkeys working for her at the Honolulu Advertiser. Imagine what I’d do with an army of monkeys. I definitely would not send them to scour the internet for my name.

To be fair, I was going to post my entry on her comments, but decided to be greedy and keep it for myself. Sorry Kim.

Because I wrote this, she’s going to come back here, read this and think I’m nuts. But, as my good buddy in college would say, “Then she’ll know the truth.”

This feels different. Now, I’m no longer writing to the void of cyberspace, but instead to actual people. I'm not sure what to make of it. This reminds me of the time I had a discussion with one of my friends about “secret blogs.”

Her: You have a blog?
Me: Yup
Her: What is it?
Me: I can’t tell you.
Her: Why not?
Me: It’s a secret blog.
Her: Really? I have a secret blog too?
Me: Shadup
Her: Seriously.
Me: What do you write about?
Her: Like, I put my new year’s resolution in it. I write about my friends. I even wrote about Jan.
Me: What’s it called?
Her: I can’t tell you; it’s a secret blog.
Me: Isn’t having a secret blog awesome?
Her: Totally, it’s sort of like a diary, but there’s a kind of exhibitionist thing about it.
Me: Absolutely.
Me: I’m so gonna find your blog.
Her: I’m gonna find yours.
Me: Its soooo on.

No comments: